- 1The Association of People with Disability (“APD”) is committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself (“Personal Information”) on this site https://www.apd-india.org.
- 2Your Personal Information may comprise the following:
- your name
- a user ID and password of your choice
- your email and mailing address
- your telephone number
- your payment processing details
- any other data as APD may require
- 5Collection of Information
- 5.1Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Site or interact with us without supplying us with Personal Information. For instance, you would not be able to transact at the Site or make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information. If you desire to register yourself at the Site, you would be required to provide your Personal Information.
- 5.2While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your visit such as:
- the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
- the type of browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer version ‘X’)
- which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
- 5.3The General Information is not Personal Information. APD’s tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
- 5.4The General Information is used by APD for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in APD and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by APD with any person, at APD’s discretion.
“Cookies” are small amounts of data that a website can send to a web browser on a visitor’s computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor’s computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is like a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviours but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the APD site.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact ability to use that service.
Refusing Cookies on APD’s Website
Note: Some product features and services provided by APD require you to accept a cookie in order to be able to use the functionality or service. These cookies are used to establish a link between the user and the application server. The cookies contain unique session IDs, and no customer data is stored on the cookies.
- 6.0Usage of Information
- 6.1Personal information will be used by APD for internal purposes including the following:
- sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, APD Annual Report, newsletters, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by APD and other updates.
- processing your donations to APD and purchases of APD products on the Site.
- delivering the APD products you have purchased on the Site /Receipt for donations made by you to APD.
- maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site.
- evaluating and administering the Site and APD’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- 7Disclosure of Personal Information by APD
- 7.1Within APD, access to Personal Information collected by APD will be given only to those persons who are authorised by APD and third parties hired by APD to perform administrative services. APD will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in APD’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. APD cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and APD will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- 7.2APD may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with APD, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with APD in any manner. APD will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
- 7.3APD is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of APD.
- 7.4Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and APD, APD reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect APD and its property, to fulfil your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of APD.
- 8.1APD endeavours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information. The Site is a LETS ENCRYPT approved site.
- 8.2APD however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
- 9Links to other Websites
- 11Copyright Protection
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of APD and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of APD and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, donating or placing an order for the purchase of APD products. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of APD. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to APD belong to their respective owners and are their property.