The Association of People with Disability (APD) is instituting a donation refund policy to ensure fair and transparent processing of requests for refund of donations as digital payments are becoming more frequent. APD expects that all donors will exercise due care and diligence while making donations. APD also recognises that a donation may be made erroneously, or donors may change their mind.
APD will examine each request for refund of donation and endeavour to make the refund. APD may also seek further information / documents and donor must co-operate in this regard.
However, APD is not obliged to make refunds and may, in its discretion, decline any requests for refund of donations, particularly if a tax exemption certificate has been issued.
If you would like your donation to APD to be refunded:
- You must request APD in writing or by email for a refund. Your request must reach APD within 15 (fifteen) days from the date on which you made the donation i.e. the date on which you:
- Made the donation online, electronically or through other means, OR
- Handed over the cheque / demand draft to APD or someone authorised by APD for this purpose, OR
- Despatched the cheque / demand draft to APD by other means.
The written request stating the reason for requesting refund must be sent to the address stated below and must contain all the following details pertaining to the donation:
- Date of donation
- Donation amount
- If donation was made through cheque/draft, please provide Cheque/Draft no.
- If donation was made through credit card, please provide Credit Card no. (last 4 digits only).
- If donation was made online, please provide Donation-ID.
The Association of People with Disability
6th Cross, Hutchins Road,
Off Hennur Road,
St. Thomas Town Post
Phone (+91 80) 25475165
All decisions of APD in this regard will be final and binding on the donor.