The Association of People with Disability (APD) is a non-profit organization based out of Bangalore. Founded in 1959, APD works extensively to reach and rehabilitate People with Disability (PwD) from the most underprivileged segments (economically marginalised and deprived communities) of society.
Our aim is to create an inclusive society where people with disabilities are accepted into mainstream society - a culture and ecosystem where they can earn, live and sustain with dignity and respect.
A world where Equity, Dignity and Justice are assured for People with Disability.
Nurture an inclusive ecosystem and empower people with disabilities with access to comprehensive rehabilitation services, rights, entitlements, equal opportunities, and dignity through a lifecycle approach.
- Integrity: Act honestly, ethically, and responsibly in all aspects, adhering to principles of fairness, reliability, loyalty, and lawfulness.
- Empathy: Be sensitive to feelings, thoughts, emotions, and experiences by developing the capacity to place oneself in another’s position, understand their perspective, appreciate, and respond with care.
- Accountability: Demonstrate responsibility, transparency, and commitment to the highest standards of openness, professionalism, and integrity with all stakeholders such as PwDs, community members, donors, government, and vendors. Enable a space to voice concerns in a responsible and effective manner.
- Collaboration: Commit to participatory processes, knowledge sharing, teamwork, consensus building, and seeking internal and external stakeholders to achieve our stated purpose.
- Excellence: Demonstrate excellence in process, product, and service delivery. Listen to the recipient’s voice. Commit to continuous improvement and innovation by developing a conducive environment for individuals to realize their potential.
- Diversity: Nurture an internal ecosystem where people of diverse genders, cultures, abilities, views, and needs are respected, and given equal opportunities thus creating a harmonious and inclusive work environment.
We have been awarded for our work in the field of disability. We are also a recognized training institute in the field of disability by The Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).